[Pann] Aegyo only exists in Korea and Japan?

Pann: The concept of 'aegyo' only exists in Korea and Japan... I hate it when people demand aegyo on broadcast

OP talks about how all parts of society demands aegyo/acting cute from women from videos of women talking in baby-like tones in aegyo phrases going viral to aegyo being demanded from stars on TV shows to women in daily life in general.

1. [+262, -8] I've always thought something about aegyo was weird as well... people like Kim Gura are demanding aegyo on TV, my father asking me why I don't have any aegyo when I'm a girl.. my boyfriend saying that a woman needs to have aegyo... just why are we asking for adult women to act like little children? Something is wrong about that.

2. [+214, -9] I really hate it when men ask women to do some aegyo ㅡㅡ Why should I do aegyo for you? ㅋㅋㅋ How about you guys shave first

3. [+191, -6] It's true. The first thing foreigners found weird when they find out about Hallyu is all the aegyo.

4. [+115, -0] It's true... why are adults asking other adult women to do aegyo? And if a woman doesn't have aegyo, they act like she's not a real woman for not having it.

5. [+102, -0] I hate the notion that all women need to have aegyo. Aegyo isn't bad but there are some women who like doing it and others who don't but men just demand it from all women. Women without natural aegyo hate these demands.. furthermore, foreigners think it's weird when they see women do aegyo, and ask why an adult is acting like a baby;;

6. [+85, -0] I'm a male and I agree. I feel bad watching women being demanded to do aegyo on TV.

7. [+84, -0] Foreigners use our aegyo as a form of comedy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ they think it's hilarious ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ and they're only laughing because we look so foolish doing it

8. [+78, -0] I bet all the men demanding aegyo are pedos ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+76, -0] It's not even weird, it's flat out grotesque. There's something crazy about asking a little kid to act sexy and asking a grown adult to act like a child.

10. [+58, -1] I seriously hated it when other men told me that I have no aegyo for a woman.. whenever men asked me to do it, I told them to do it first.

11. [+51, -0] I don't get why men even like seeing women do aegyo. What is so satisfying about seeing a grown woman act like a child?

12. [+44, -0] I hate it when female idols are forced to do aegyo

13. [+29, -0] I studied abroad and one thing that pissed me the most off when I got back to Korea was how much aegyo was demanded from women. And if you don't do it, men act like you've committed some crime ㅋㅋ act like you're doing aegyo overseas and they'll think you're high.

14. [+27, -0] Aegyo itself isn't a problem but demanding women to do aegyo just creates a society where their gender is expected to be easygoing, pretty, etc. At the 'Dorihwaga' screening, actor Ryu Seung Ryong compared asking a woman to do aegyo akin to asking a man not to cry because he's a man.

-